Mr. Rani Jarkas, the Chairman and CEO of Cedrus Investments, is a highly experienced and accomplished financial services executive and financial advisor, with over 23 years of international financial advisory experience.
Financial advisors counsel clients on investment opportunities, consistent with the clients’ needs, goals, and tolerance for risk. The job requires keeping abreast of the financial markets, constantly monitoring the investments in clients’ portfolios, and staying current on new investment strategies and vehicles.
A qualified financial advisor should have the following skills to perform their job successfully:
- Interpersonal skills: The ability to manage relationships with clients, staff, and others inside and outside of the firm, which includes dealing with failure and dissatisfied clients.
- Analytical skills: The capability to account for a range of information, including regulatory changes, economic trends, and the client’s risk tolerance when determining an investment strategy.
- Communication skills: The skill to extract complex financial concepts into information that clients can understand.
- Quantitative skills: The competence to work well with numbers to perform calculations, analyze financial data, and finally determine a financial strategy.
- Stress management skills: The capacity to work well under pressure to deliver client information on a timely basis.
Cedrus Investments, a global boutique investment firm founded by Mr. Rani Jarkas more than 18 years ago, is specialized in Asset Management (over US$2 billion AUM), Financial Advisory Services and Private Wealth Management. The firm is headquartered in Hong Kong, and has offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Jakarta and Grand Cayman as well as having staff stationed in New York and San Francisco. Its clients include tier-one institutions, family offices, governments and corporations in Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe, North America and the Middle East.
Cedrus’ management team members all have held senior-level executive positions at some of the world’s largest financial services companies, and have decades of international experience in all aspects of capital markets. They prudently offer a rare combination of proven strategies, innovative global products and personal attention, providing clients with sophisticated financial solutions that enable them to meet their investment goals.